Sunday 19 July 2009

AFC Sutton Town v Royston

My previous blog entry may have been a bit misleading - Royston did arrive late for this game, but the game went ahead... albeit kicking off at 3:30pm.

My decision to forget the game was mainly because I wasn't feeling 100% and pre-season friendlies are not A1 "must go to" fixtures - plus I had interrupted my Ashes viewing to make the trip to Sutton -- as it transpired, Sutton lost 0-2 to a very good step 5 side, and the cricket was excellent.....

On the subject of cricket : I parked my car outside the football ground and was a little concerned whether the cricket ball could be hit far enough to worry me. I asked Stubs and he very said he'd seen nothing to give me concern -- then two minutes later the ball went sailing over the fence and into the fooball ground!! Over 100 yards from the square...great hit! Moved my car to Hucknall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.