Saturday 18 July 2009

18th July...

Went to the Fieldings to see AFC Sutton Town take on Royston Town - but was back home by 3:25pm.

Parked up outside the ground at 2:45pm and spotted Snipes' striker Pete Stubley watching the cricket match being played adjacent to the football ground. He informed me that the Hertfordshire team hadn't turned up ...they were stuck in a traffic jam somewhere. So much for my "magic" comment about teams travelling miles for a friendly....anyway, by 2:55pm I had made the decision to go home as it was too late to consider other options - which were :

Arnold Town v Welbeck Welfare 3pm
Blidworth Welfare v Gedling Southbank 3pm
Clipstone Welfare v Rainworth MW 3pm
Kimberley Town v Eastwood Town 3pm
Kirkby Town v Hucknall Town 3pm
Pinxton FC v Mansfield Town FC 3pm

Pinxton is just 10 minutes from the Fieldings, but I would never have got there before kick off, and I hate missing the start of a game, so I made the short trip back down the M1 and watched the Ashes....

Tuesday - Stags v Leicester City --c'mon you Stags!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.