Saturday, 8 May 2010

Linby CW 0-4 Bilborough Pelican

Saturday 8th May 2010 -- NSL Senior Division

More pics

Not been to Linby since the pre-season " Battle Of Church Lane" pre-season. This was not our original game of choice, but watching the Florists on the telly meant we had to find a very, very local game to make a 3pm kick off. I say "we" - Kev was busy with car repairs so couldn't make the game.
Linby have just parted company with their management team and for this game they fielded an under strength team - Linby secured their position in the Senior Division last week, and are now looking to get a new face at the helm. I spent the second half in the company of one of the hopefuls - he was only at the game because he had just been interviewed for the job. Can't name him - he is with another team at the moment and they still have games to play.

Not the best facilities, but adequate

Nice setting though

Managed to get the last parking place - right next to the gate.

Tony Boulton and David Udoh get the game under way

Got to the ground at 2:50pm and it was throwing it down. Just before kick off the rain stopped and the sun came out - and it was quite warm for a while! Brought out about a million gnats, but not for long though because the sun was quickly covered by rolling black clouds and the rain soon returned. Not much cover at Linby took so the trusty brolly pitchside, and it was needed!
Linby keeper Craig Lear made a couple of early saves, but his best were after 20 minutes had been played - two cracking point blank saves from David Udoh. Linby's first chance fell to right back Richard Pell on 25, but he blazed his effort into the side netting. From the goal-kick, the ball found TONY BOULTON just inside the box - he made no mistake slotting past Lear with ease. H-T 0-1
Went to the car at the break to get out of the biting wind - had a little time to ponder what Forest Town have let themselves in for next season. No gate, basic facilities, very ordinary officiating, poor standard of football -- and the game had to be stopped two minutes into the second half so some dog crap could be removed from the pitch. The CMFL might have it's knockers, but Linby used to play in the CMFL, and dropping into the NSL seems to have done nothing at all to improve the club....
Lear made another couple of good stops early in the second half - more point blank stuff, but on the hour mark he could do nothing as a fierce 16 yards DANNY BLANCHARD bullet flew past him into the net. 10 minutes later DANNY CHAPLIN prodded home from close range and as the rain got heavier near the end, IAN FOSS added the visitors fourth - tapping in from about a foot after the defenders had all stopped, expecting an offside flag that never materialised!! F-T 0-4
Admission - no gate
No programme
No nothing really......
H/C 25
Monday - Notts F.A. Senior Cup Final at Meadow Lane. Eastwood Tn v Redford Utd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.