Friday 20 November 2009

Worksop Town - Rob Waite and the66pow

How I missed this I will never know, but fellow "bloggist" and good friend Rob Waite has been persuaded to help his "beloved" Worksop Town by having his ground-hopping sponsored. A great idea to help raise funds for a club in dire straights.

Rob, unlike Kev and me who prefer to stay local, travels all over the place to watch games. His favourite teams, apart from the Tigers, are Hearts and Mansfield Town. You can see from reading Rob's blog that he is football crazy and even if some of his musical tastes are a bit dubious, you have to admire the lengths this "legend" goes to in order to catch a game! On a personal note, I can also reveal his reading material is a little on the curious side. Rob recently introduced me into the mad, mad world of Luke Reinhart - the "Adventures of Wim" is undoubtedly one of the most weird, strange and crackers books that I have ever read!!! I am a little worried about starting "The Dice Man" by the same author!!! Will my life ever be the same?

Back to the sponsorship - initially Rob was set a target of 75 games, but I reckon he will pee that. I expect him to cover well over 100 matches. He's already done over 50, and we still have the best part of 5 months of the season to go.

The "On The Road" blog will quite happily sponsor Rob - even paupers like us can offer a little help every now and again!!! £0.25 per game over 75 games will be £18.75 - and 100 games this will be £25.00. Not a lot, but as they say at Tesco, "every little helps".

Anyone wishing to sponsor Rob can either use any of the links in his blog entry, or go to the Worksop Town forum to pledge...

Looks like "On The Road" and "the66pow" are due to meet next week MAYBE!. Either Wednesday at Worksop v Leek or Thursday at Kimberley Tn v Parramore ( although this game is still in doubt)...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.