Saturday 8 August 2009

To take pics, or not to take pics?

Saturday 8th August 2009 .. venue Field Mill, home of the mighty Stags...

All was going great up to half time -- Stags 3-0 up (all at the other end of the ground, of course) and I was looking forward to getting a few more pictures as the Stags attacked the end where we were sitting.... but no!


I was asked, very politely to put away my camera because they aren't allowed in the ground. I did as requested and this will be reflected in the images I will post on here later ... all of them are from the 1st half!

Please note : I was searched before going into the ground, and told the steward I had a camera in my coat pocket - I was using the thing for 45 minutes before anyone mentioned they weren't allowed. But on exiting the ground I took the snap below..........was I in the wrong? You decide.



As I have said, the Crowd Safety officer, a Gent I have seen around Field Mill for many, many years was very polite, and I readily complied with his request not to use the camera. I'm going to have to take it a bit further though ..watch this space....

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't say anything about cameras there matey.

    From an H&S point of view, the items on that list appear to be sharp objects, large objects or things that could cause an explosion.

    So can't see how a regular camera should fall into that category.

    Appears to be a failure of common sense on the surface. Hope you don't try and sneak a flask in with you in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steward said something about image rights or some crap like that....I have emailed MTFC and await a reply....

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.